October has been a interesting month for SEOs and webmasters. Google’s Disavow Links tool put the cat among the pigeons, and as ever, the Internet was abuzz with chatter about SEO, marketing, conversion rates, and design.
We’ve bravely ventured out into the wilds of the Web and brought back 20 of the most interesting articles we came across for your education and enjoyment.
WordPress and Blogging
- Import Your Google Doc Files into WordPress in 4 Easy Steps – This plugin allows you to work in Google Docs and send the files to WordPress using an automated script when you are done.
- 5 Awesome Tips To Set Guest Posting Guidelines – Having a guest post submission guideline page will help you to reduce the chances of getting spam and useless article. Moreover when you reject a blog post, you can simply direct users to your guest post guideline page to tell them what they have done wrong and what kind of guest post you accept.
- Why WordPress is your best option as a content platform – Quality content is the core component of successful online marketing. WordPress makes the creation, curation and delivery of your content relatively easy.
- 24 Must-Read WordPress Tips and Tricks – Here are 24 tips and shortcuts that might eliminate some of those bumpy spots in the road.
- 5 Simple Ways to Optimize Your Blog Posts to Generate More Traffic – The tips outlined in this article should give you a head-start when it comes to the online marketing of your valuable content.
- Best Free WordPress SEO Plugins For 2012 – A great collection of the best plugins to help with your WordPress SEO.
- 3 Critical Aspects of Running a Blog – Pubcon Presentation by Melissa Fach
- Top Typography Tips For WordPress – Typography is often a neglected aspect of web design. There are numerous sites around the Web with wonderful content that is badly presented and difficult to read. For sites that tend to be heavy on textual content, like blogs, readability and typographical elegance should be of prime concern.
- Building a WordPress Theme? Make Sure you Follow these Pointers. – There’s no limit to how much you can earn by designing and selling premium WordPress themes.
Inbound Marketing and SEO
- Integrating Online and Offline Marketing – Website design strategies for offline efforts can boost your marketing team’s success. Here’s how to do it.
- Leveraging The Brand-Building Powers Of SEO – When marketers consider branding, search engine optimization typically doesn’t come to mind. SEO has long been used as a vehicle for driving highly qualified visitors to brands’ Web sites. But SEO is no longer just about driving traffic; it’s about building brand value and customer affinity.
- Google disavow links tool. Wearing the tin foil hat – Every single SEO blog is writing about how to use the new long awaited Disavow Links Tool the Search Quality Teams has rolled out, but not so many are publicly talking about what it may mean.
- Don’t Be Misled by “Big” Traffic Sources to Your Blog – In the world of blogging, some sites can send you big bursts of traffic—but how much does that traffic help your business?
- Leaving Comment Spam Can Hurt Your Site – I can’t speak for all of the search engines, but I can say with a very high degree of certainty that Google looks at spam filtering feeds like Akismet or LinkSleeve to see who is acting in spammy ways.
- Redeeming Customers that Bypassed Your Search Results – Even if you rank on the first page of Google, your best efforts will only attract the minority of searchers to your site.
- The Why, What and How of Content Marketing – Content is truly the key ingredient in successful online and offline marketing strategies.
Tips, Tricks, And Tools
- 10 Essential Online Resources for Small Businesses – Starting a new business is not as straightforward as it might be, and there are many pitfalls that, if not avoided, will set the new entrepreneur up for a bumpy journey.
- 20 New Essential jQuery Plugins – jQuery plugins are constantly being released, and it’s no surprise since it’s insanely popular, and for good reason. The only problem is being able to sort through them all to find the good ones.
- 7 Sites and Strategies for Pixel-Perfect Photoshop-to-HTML Conversion – For all the early gains that building and quickly iterating a PSD can provide, the back end of the design project can be a real time killer.
- 15 Essential CSS Tools and Applications for Developers – We have listed 15 essential tools and applications for developers that will play a pivotal role in developing and designing applications.
We’ll be back next month with another selection of great content, but if you’ve got something you think people should know about, feel free to share in the comments.