As usual, this month we’ve trawled the wilds of the Internet to bring you what we think is the most informative, timely, and useful content. Enjoy!
Search Engine Optimization
- Remarketing with Google Analytics – Building Targeted Audiences – Remarketing with Google has become more popular over the past six months and I think this is set to continue into 2013. Once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy to set up and manage.
- SEO Variables You Need To Know – Search engines use multiple variables to determine how good a website is and how relevant it is to a user’s search query.
- Guide to Rich Snippets – Infographic – High rankings in the SERPS are no longer enough. Rich snippets are part of increasingly enhanced SERPs designed to help people make decisions before they click.
- What’s the Difference Between SEO and Content Marketing? – The main reason creating content just for Google is missing the point is because that’s not what Google wants you to do.
- Building a Video SEO Strategy – The core tactics of technical Video SEO are pretty easy to pick up. You can read through the bulk of what there is to know about getting rich snippets, optimizing for YouTube, and driving links back to your site within a couple of hours.
- Should You Focus on SEO or PPC when You Launch a New Website – There are so many different ways to attract targeted traffic to your website, and it is often hard to know which method is best for you. Two of the most popular ways to drive traffic are SEO and PPC, but is one of these better than the other?
- 9 Best WordPress SEO Plugins – A great roundup of plugins to help your site get to where it belongs in the SERPs.
- The Synergy Among Search, Social, and Content – Having an integrated social-search strategy is essential when you’re building a brand and trying to engage your audience.
- Want to generate leads? Build trust with content – Businesses that want to grow should focus on creating and publishing relevant content in order to generate more leads.
- Content Marketing & Why Commercial Pages Must Be At The Heart Of Your Strategy – Content Strategy and Content Marketing have been getting a huge amount of attention this year for a number of reasons and I wanted to discuss our views on these strategies and how best to use them as part of an SEO campaign.
- 5 Keys to Perfecting Your Content Marketing Design – There’s no doubt that the majority of content today is being created and consumed in the digital space. But what exactly are the best practices for designing your digital publication?
- Create Engaging Content for Any Industry, Even “Boring” Ones – In the professional services space, valuable content means giving people the resources they need to educate themselves about important issues and solve critical problems.
- Content marketing for human action – According to a recent talk at Outbrain NY, one of the most powerful voices of online news discovery, Gabe Rivera, believes algorithms will never be able to curate as effectively as humans.
- How To Fix The Sad State Of Content Marketing – Content marketing. It was the darling of the marketing world in 2012, but it’s fallen on hard times lately. Why? Mostly because marketers are struggling with it, and as a result generating terrible content
- The Engagement Marketing Disconnect Between Consumers and Brands Rages On – After surveying 250 marketing executives and over 2,000 consumers, it’s clear that what marketers consider to be high-value engagement is not always thought of in the same way by consumers.
- Four reasons why social media marketing will drastically help your business value – Unlike most advertising strategies, social media marketing is free. But even if it wasn’t, it would likely pay for itself due to the boost in sales.
- Analysis of the Social Media Marketing Strategy Adopted by Tata Docomo – Tata Docomo is one of the most influential companies on social media today. Its Facebook community currently has almost 10 million members and counting. This telecom company is certainly not the market leader in the sector, then what makes it so successful in social media marketing?
- The Ethics of Social Media Marketing – A sensitive topic we’ve all grappled with as social media professionals is the subject of ethics in social media marketing practices, specifically: the proper uses of, often times, very personal data.
And finally, here’s something from Maile Ohye, the less well known of Google’s SEO video stars. She’s discussing the SEO mistakes she comes across most often.